Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Almost there

I failed the ALS admission examinations. My parents were so sad and I couldn't stop crying. I didn't know what to do. I was so devastated and almost lost my sanity. Then suddenly my phone alarm rang and I woke up. It was just a dream.

I was too engrossed in knowing if I passed or failed the exams and I was refreshing the admission results page of ALS almost every 30 minutes. I was at work then and I couldn't concentrate. 3pm came and I had to go home, still no results for the 2008 ALS admission exams.

I just couldn't get it out of my mind. Thinking if I don't pass, what would I do? What would I say to the people who believed in me? How about my parents? What would they say? Will I cry like a baby?

I went straight to my computer when i got home. The ALS homepage was already bookmarked in my browser so I just had to click it. When I clicked on the Ateneo Law School Admission Results link it was just blank and the lower left corner of the browser says DONE. I knew that it was already posted. I refreshed the page, my eyes just went straight looking for A... AR... ARU... I couldn't find it! I skipped a beat and then I saw a link that said for interview. My name was there! I didn't feel too good about it nor disappointed. At least I still have a chance... a chance to pass... or fail!

I'm halfway there. I just wish that I will know how to answer the panel. I don't want to impress them at all. Rather, I wish that they could see the potential in me and be able to fully assess my abilities. I want them to feel my eagerness to go into the Ateneo Law School and be a Lawyer someday.

1 comment:

  1. wow! you're going to law school? that's great! don't give up!

    i had my experience with med school too. at first, i didn't got the nmat score i needed. i was devastated too. really devastated. good thing, the school gave me another chance to take it again, and so i did. and i made it!

    so, you can do it!

    lots of prayers will be needed too.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you want to say.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing